Can a neck ache be something serious? Why hasn't paracetamol also worked?

Hi got a dull arche in neck for 8 days now could it be something serious.ive tryed a hot water bottle and paracetamol I can't take nothing else cause I'm 34 weeks pregnant ..the ache is there constant
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 50 minutes later

The common reason for pain in neck can be a sprain resulting from wrong positioning during sleep.

Sprain may take time to revert back to normal as there will be spasm of the muscle.

Presently you should continue paracetamol for pain relief and as you are having it since 8 days you need to get examined.

As you are pregnant it is important for you to consult your doctor and get treated.

Follow-up: Can a neck ache be something serious? Why hasn't paracetamol also worked? 2 hours later
Hi I kind of have a dull arche as well near my jaw could that be to do with muscle spasm or could it be to do with my teeth or gums gums are not inflammed or anything ..could u get a pain dull ache in neck from infection in gum but now have a inflamed gum ..I can't see nothing wrong with my gum .sorry I ain't stopped worrying
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 2 hours later
Thanks for reverting back with your query.
If you are having pain along the jaw line and you have a inflammed gum. Yes there can be a possibility of infection in a tooth.
Many women complain of toothache during pregnancy;so for you it is better to get examined by your doctor to rule out infection in any of your tooth.
If that is the case she may prescribe you antibiotics and if needed analgesics.
Once the infection settles your pain will disappear..
So please visit your doctor.