Can a minor hit on head against the wall cause shakiness ?

My 28 year old daughter was taking an aerial class and hit the crown of her head against the wall. She feels "wonky." She has no health insurance so she's leary about going to the ER. She is a healthy, slender Pilates instructor with no history of head injury.
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 25 minutes later

From your description it seems that she has suffered a minor head injury.
An impact on one side of head causes a rebound injury to the other side of the cerebrum when it hits the hard skull. This has given rise to headache and a disoriented feeling.
If she can consult a physician easily then it is best to get her examined for any neurological deficits. She can also self monitor herself for any deterioration in the symptoms like unconsciousness, severe headache, blurred vision, bleeding from eyes, nose or ears, vomiting, etc in which case she needs to rush to ER immediately.
Meanwhile she can do a hot compress in the area of injury and take a mild pain killer like acetaminophen or ibuprofen for relief.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.