Can a metal plate across front of forehead cause mood swings in time?

My husband had a boulder land on his while rock climbing 30 years ago.He has a metal plate across the front of his forehead..can that couse mood swings in time..and can the plate wear out
Posted Sun, 9 Sep 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 42 minutes later

The plate does not cause any organic problem or any neural disturbances as they are made of metals which are physiologically inert. Also the plate do not wear out , there would be a fibrous tissue grown on it without any inflammation or any reaction.

But if your husband had intra-cranial bleed or injury to the brain matter in past,then the chances of having behavioural, mood or memory disturbances are more.If he has noticeable mood disturbances , I would recommend a combined effort from the Neurologist and the Psychiatrist would be essential for treatment.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.