Ask a Urologist   »  

Can a man over 60 be circumcised?

Is it acceptable for a 60 year to get circumcised - I have my reasons.
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 5 hours later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a good one and I will work on providing you with my interpretation and recommendations. Regarding circumcision this is something which is more commonly done at a very young age or just after birth for a number of reasons including religion.

There are some patients who've reached adult ages and then decided to have a circumcision performed. There may be a number of reasons to have this done and I cannot offer you any criticism or say that a decision to pursue circumcision is wrong or XXXXXXX

I would advise you however to seek the advice of a very experienced urological surgeon who has experience in performing adult circumcision. This is very important in that adult circumcision is different from circumcision of a newborn. An experienced surgeon will be able to discuss this with you.

There may be some pain involved after the procedure as you go through the healing process. This is something which you can certainly endure with the support of your physicians.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Robert