Ask a Urologist   »  

Can a man get penis discharge, Gonorrheal infection after having only oral sex?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
can a man get penis discharge,gonnoreah.after having only oral sex?
Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Hello
Thanks for your query ,Based on the facts that you have posted I would like to state that Gonorrhoeal infection can get transmitted from one person to another either vaginal ,anal or even with oral sex.

Please get following basic test done to rule out the same and to be free from anxiety.
1) Microscopic examination of a discharge from Penis (Gram Staining),PCR test or test for Chlamydia to rule out STD .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to address the same
Thanks and Regards
Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Can a man get penis discharge, Gonorrheal infection after having only oral sex? 38 minutes later
so u say that if l only have oral sex then the bacteria or virus can progess ,infect me and consequently l can have a discharge from my penis?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 10 hours later
Hello Thanks for writing again.
There are 14 % chances of getting gonorrheal infection with oral sex if the person is infected with gonorrhea as she may carry organisms in saliva.
So chances of getting discharge from penis are high.
Thanks and Regards
Dr.Patil.