Can a low haemoglobin blood count cause eczema? Can iron supplements increase haemoglobin?

Diabetologist
Question
Hi -

Can a low hemoglobin blood count cause eczema or cause it to flare up? I paid cholestcheck corp. for 13 tests yesterday at publix supermarket, and my hemoglobin results came back at 6.0. I have no history of diabetes...I do not eat a lot of sweets. Can iron supplements increase my hemoglobin right away?
Posted Sat, 4 Aug 2012 in Blood Disorders

Answered by Dr. L K Shankdhar 12 hours later
Dear XXXXXX,

Thanks for utilizing this forum to get your query answered.

According to your own description you have Eczema for 7 years and hopefully your low Hb (6G%) should be a recent discovery, so there is no connection between the two.

Second part of your query, regarding treatment of anaemia with Iron, the therapy would not increase your haemoglobin levels right away. It would take some time and the haemoglobin increases by 1 g/dL for every month of therapy. More importantly, the therapy should base on further investigation regarding type of Anaemia. We would need the other indices in a complete blood count like MCV, MCH and MCHC and also a Fecal occult blood and a colonoscopy to make sure its not anemia due to blood loss. Please see a physician and get these tests done. If they have already been done, you can share the reports and we can take it from there.
Hope I have answered your query.

Wishing you good health,

Prof. LK Shankhdhar

Follow-up: Can a low haemoglobin blood count cause eczema? Can iron supplements increase haemoglobin? 3 hours later
Thanks for your quick feedback. I'll register with a primary care physician this week. Can you interpret my other test results?

Answered by Dr. L K Shankdhar 2 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
I specialize in diabetology and I think it would be best if you get your reports interpreted by an XXXXXXX medicine specialist. However, if you have any questions regarding them, I would be able to help you out.
With best wishes

Prof. LK Shankhdhar

Follow-up: Can a low haemoglobin blood count cause eczema? Can iron supplements increase haemoglobin? 1 hour later
I understand. Thanks for your quick responses! :)

Answered by Dr. L K Shankdhar 15 hours later
If you are happy with our discussion please close it and rate my answer. For further inquires to me directly, you can post it at this link,
WWW.WWWW.WW