Can a impacted/infected wisdom tooth cause itching in ears and lump in throat ?

My wisdom teeth have been coming in for about 7 years now. About a year or so ago my ears have been itching when I swallow and it feels as though I have a lump in my throat that is sore although the pain in my mouth is not bothering me. Could this be the cause of my impacted/infected wisdom teeth? My lymph nodes aren't swollen. I'm 26, 5'5, 160lbs - Non-Smoker.
Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

A wisdom tooth that has not erupted completely in seven years is suggestive of an impacted tooth.This can cause pain and swelling at the back of your mouth.

A dental X-ray of the affected tooth will help in the diagnosis. Even if the tooth is not paining much, an impacted tooth needs treatment as there are chances of repeated infections and its growth in the wrong direction may cause dis alignment of rest of your teeth.

You need to consult your dentist soon.

You can take OTC pain killers and antibiotics till then for relief.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful.

Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.