Can a fungal or bacterial infection cause small painless and slightly itchy eruptions with genital herpes ?

hi i am married 39 yers old 85 kg .i am suffering from genital herpeas. ocasionally i have bouts of some skin infection red rash or small eruptionson the penis head.but they go away withot any medication.lately i have some small eruptions some with white heads slight itching is there although no pain or burning sensation.this not a herpeas bout as i am familiar with that .it seams some fungal or bacterial infection is there.may be contracted from my spouse as she had some itching. we are married for last 7 years my wife has not contracted herpeas as we take lot of care and i have 6 year old son .any advise
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 1 hour later

Based on the description that you have given, I can think of 3 possibilities :
1. Genital molluscum
2. Candidal balanoposthitis
3. Pearly penile papule.

It is difficult to give an exact diagnosis a picture of the affected region. I suggest you to send the scanned photocopies of the affected areas to my attention at YYYY@YYYY

I will be in a better position then.

In the meanwhile stop applying any medicine over the affected areas. Restrict use of cosmetic or antibiotic soaps such as dettol or savlon.

Hope I have answered your query adequately.