Can a deviated septum effect the heart? Correcting it will reverse the problems?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Does a deviated septum effect the heart or cause heart disease/problems?&of so does correcting the deviation reverse the problems
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 1 hour later

A deviated nasal septum causes repeated sinus infection. If concomitantly you have a valvular lesion it can cause bacterial endocarditis.

In your case as you have many other lung problems there is high likelihood of your right side of the heart getting affected. You need to be effectively treated for all your lung issues. It is better to get it treated even for your deviated septum so that your upper respiratory passages function without any obstruction.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.