Can a caregiver who was recently treated for active TB can be hired for person having dementia?

General Surgeon
Hello! I need to hire a caregiver for my 93 year old father. The caregiver I am considering was diagnoised with TB two years ago. For the past year, this person has been in montly treatment via an injection of medication. My father's health is stable but his main problem is dementia. Can a caregiver who was recently diagnoised with active TB and went through treatment be a caregiver for my elderly father? Thank you!
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: You can safely hire him if he has completed 1 mont Detailed Answer: Namasthe Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day Active pulmonary tuberculosis even if they are sputum positive are rendered non infective after 4 weeks of starting anti tuberculosis treatment and they cease to be a threat to oother individual. You can definitely hire him provided he has religiously taken anti tuberculosis treatment and has been compliant on treatment. Rest be assured it should be matter of concern. Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS, MS, MCH Consultant Surgeon