Can a blocked testis tube be reopened surgically or otherwise ?

Hi, Can a naturally during an abstenion period blocked testis tube be reopened surgically or otherwise?
59 years
175 cm
78 kg
very fit and in physical very good shape
no other medical problem

Posted Thu, 26 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

I have gone through your complaint. Usually, the tube connecting to
the testis, vas, never gets blocked because of sexual inactivity.
I believe that your semen analysis is showing azoospermia.
I need to know your FSH, LH- these are blood tests.
In addition, I usually examine patients to find out for testicular

It shall be helpful,if you could let me know whether your testis appear smaller than before or not.

Rajiv Goel
Follow-up: Can a blocked testis tube be reopened surgically or otherwise ? 21 hours later
Thanks, but even if it is unusual, if the problem is caused by an abstention period is there any method surgical or other which can clear the testis tube?
The blockage is clearly palpable and can be felt as bulge? I've been examined by two doctors and they have confirmed this but the doctors are not saying anything about possible cures, they probably think it's not something to bother about. I am asking you for this advice because I want to know whether I should make further inquiries where I live.

Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 22 hours later
Hi again,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Yes, there are surgeries which correct the blockage in the tube like Vasovasostomy and vasoepididymostomy .

Prior to this there will be a need for testicular biopsy to know the fact that the sperm production is good and hence confirm the presence of the block.

The above surgeries are performed by urologists, You can consult one for the same.

Hope I answered your query.Wishing you good health.