Can a baby resemble the mother's previous sex partner?

Question
if a girl had unprotected sex 10 years ago and now has a new boyfriend and if she got pregent is it possible that the baby could look like the guy ten years ago
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Mitaly 34 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Babies resemble their parents as the genes are transferred from both the parents.

If a girl had unprotected intercourse 10 years ago and she is pregnant now then definitely the baby will have the qualities and resemblance of the current partners. It does not matter at all with whom the girl had previous intercourse. Only the current partner with whom she is pregnant can transfer the genes.

Hope I have answered your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for follow ups.

Regards.

Follow-up: Can a baby resemble the mother's previous sex partner? 22 hours later
so there is no chance that the baby could look like the guy ten years ago? Can you tell me if this is 100 percent

Answered by Dr. Mitaly 49 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up.

There is absolutely no chance that the baby can look like the guy ten years ago as explained in my previous reply that its the current partners who transmits the genes.

It is 100% reliable and if any resemblance it is just a coincidence.

Hope this answers your query.

Take Care!