Can Urticaria cause chest infection?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
daughter has what looks like urticaria all over her body, took her to A&E and she also has a chest infection, could this be what caused the urticaria (this was confirmed at A&E) ? Will she always suffer with this time or would this be an isolated incident?
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Urticaria is sometimes associated with a viral chest infection. It is possible that since this time she has got a viral infection, it is associated with urticaria.
This can be an isolated incident. Chest infections are not always associated with such symptoms.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.