Can Timolol and Latantrost cause a allergic reaction, like swelling under eyes?

Can Timolol & Latantrost cause a allergic reaction, like swelling under the eyes. My under eyes look like I have bags under them and is making me very self conscious. I've been using ice, tea bag, cucumbers and nothing brings then down. My appointment with my omtomoloogist is in the middle of XXXXXXX
Posted Mon, 24 Jun 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 37 minutes later
My Dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
To the best of my lnowledge and experiance,both of these drops do not cause bagginess under the eyes.
The duration since you have been using these drops is important.
If it has been for some time and bagginess has only been apparent of late then the chances of this being drug related are remote.
I for one would not put this blame on these drops.
Both these eye drops are front line medication to control glaucoma and will not be discontinued unless reasonaly problomatic.
Please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard.
Follow-up: Can Timolol and Latantrost cause a allergic reaction, like swelling under eyes? 18 minutes later
Dear Doctor,

Thank you for answering my query. Last year I had a different kind of eye drops, I forgot the name of it, and my eyes became very red, so my doctor started me on
Timolol & Latantrost, but the past month or two, I have a bit of swelling underneath my eyes. I trying now to use a different kind of eye makeup to see if that is the cause. As I said I have an appointment with my opthomologist in the middle of XXXXXXX and I will keep you informed.
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 5 minutes later
My dear,
Thanks for getting back to us.
This is the type of reaction that is labeled as allergy.You have redness and irritation and in case of latanoprost there is a darkening of eye lashes.
This type of reaction is routine and calls for a change of compound.
Get back to me if needed.