Can T-bact be applied for redness between baby's buttocks?

Question son is 3 months old and he is having redness in between buttocks and due to this he is crying continuously. His weight is 6300 grams. Can I apply T-bact ointment on the affected area? Or pls suggest any cream or ointment for the same. Thanks & Regards, XXXX
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Dermatitis in babies Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. Your child must have developed a perianal skin rash which is very common in such small babies. T bact cream would not help in this case. You can buy himalaya diaper rash cream and apply it over the affected areas twice a day. This medicine is good for the sensitive skin of babies and will help in early healing of the skin condition. Do not apply any other cream or oil over the affected areas. Keep the areas clean and dry. Hope it helps Please ask if you need any further clarifications Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: Can T-bact be applied for redness between baby's buttocks? 25 minutes later
Thank you Dr. XXXXXXX for answering to my query. Since this problem has started from last night, my wife has used Siloderm cream (prescribed by child specialist) and Mico-derm powder over affected area of 3 month old my son. Do, I need to stop using that and start using Himalaya diaper rash cream instead? Also, his facial skin is dry and has some very small-small reddish dots just above both cheeks for which we use himalaya baby lotion. Is it ok to continue that for face or can you suggest some other effective face cream for clearing red patches and dryness of the skin Thanks & Regards, XXXX
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 28 hours later
Brief Answer: Care of baby skin Detailed Answer: Hi again The creams that you are using over the rash are fine but it would be better to use himalaya diaper rash cream since it is more effective especially in this age group. Also as far as the face is concerned, your child seems to have excessive dryness of facial skin. This is very common in such young children. All that you need to do is to keep the skin moisturized. You can use himalaya baby lotion two or three times a day over the face. Excess dryness of skin over face can lead to eczematous skin changes over face which is happening in your child as well. Hope it helps Dr Geetika Paul