Can Susten be taken while trying to conceive?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
can have tab susten200 while trying for baby? my doc advice me to take this tab once per day after 18days from periods. and i took but iam having the symptoms for periods. wat to do?
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. Susten contains progesterone, this hormone is pregnancy supportive. It is given after ovulatory period, because in case you conceive, proper support would be provided to the pregnancy. So, yes it can, and should be taken, in the post ovulatory period while trying to conceive. Even if you are having symptoms suggestive of an approaching period, please go ahead and complete the recommended days of the course. All the best. Please feel free to discuss further. Take care.

Follow-up: Can Susten be taken while trying to conceive? 19 minutes later
thanks doc, Iam having lower stomach pain after marriage and while traveling. can i have bike travel while taking this course?

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: CAN TRAVEL. Detailed Answer: Yes you can travel on a bike while on Susten.

Follow-up: Can Susten be taken while trying to conceive? 6 minutes later
Thanks doc, After marriage iam having lower stomach pain often and i dont know why. I didnt felt like this before marriage any specific reason for it mam? will it affect anything?

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Sometimes mild lower abdominal pain is common. It can be because of ovulation, or premenstrual pains. Vigorous intercourse also can cause such pain. As long as it is not severe or incapacitating, and your cycles are regular, do not worry. It wont affect anything. Take care.