Can Sucralfate and Carafate be taken simultaneously?

I received a prescription from my doctor on the 12th 2 days ago for sucralfate 1gm. To be taken every six hours today I received a bottle ofcarafate 10 ml suspension is this sound correct or should I not take both of these prescriptions
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Same Take any one brand as prescribed your doctor. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. I think you are mentioning about the brand name called Carafate. It contains nothing but Sucralfate as your doctor prescribed. You can take any of the medication. Because both contains the same. You should take it in empty stomach and as prescribed by your doctor. Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have further queries. Wishing you good health.