Can Saphenous nerve cause pain in my right groin?

Apr 2014

I have an intermittent excruciating pain in my right groin. Physio says it is the (?)Stephenous nerve _ I know I've got that wrong! I am 83 years of age. Last Night I had trouble with the Foxtel on my television and was doubled up behind it for some time trying to pull out leads and then put them all back. I had just had dinner and probably not the best time to be bent over! Physio did put the pulsating sucker things on for a while (hurt) and then ultra sound..Sorry about the garble. but I would like to know the best treatment Thankyou - XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 29 Jan 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Indu Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: I don't think pain is due to saphenous nerve. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX I don't think you have pain due to saphenous nerve.It must be due to other reasons. You need proper clinical examination and investigations. You need to be examined by a surgeon. Pain may be due to many reasons like calculus,colicky pain etc. You need routine hemogram,RBS,LFT,RFT,Lipid profile,Urine RE/ME,Ultrasound of abdomen.Further investigation like CT Scan of abdomen can be done if needed. At present you can take antispasmodics like Tablet Dicyclomine SOS. Proper treatment depend upon clinical findings and investigation reports. Get well soon. Hope i have answered your query. Further queries are most welcome. Take Care Dr.Indu XXXXXXX