Can Primolut be taken to stop periods midway?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
Good Evening Doc ! I am a 30 yo female on primolut nor , I got my period yesterday , If I want to stop it in 4 days can I take primolut again and when can I do that ?! my menses is around 9 days
Posted Sat, 22 Feb 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 17 minutes later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for writing to us with your health concern. With PCOS you would be having irregular cycles, so it is not a good idea to further interfere with them . Trying to stop the menstruation midway would result in incomplete shedding of the endometrial lining ( lining of the uterus ). The actual menstrual bleeding might stop, but you might continue to have spotting throughout the cycle, which would be more cumbersome. You can try taking Primolut again from tomorrow. The bleeding might stop in 2 - 3 days, it is not a guarantee, but it is the only option. As I said, the risk of spotting would be there. All the best. Please feel free to revert for further discussion.

Follow-up: Can Primolut be taken to stop periods midway? 8 minutes later
Thanks a lot doc ,, actually I have amenorrhea , this is why I am on primolut now , I will take it and hopefully bleeding will stop . Thank you

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: May I know why you wish the bleeding to stop within 4 days only ? When you have amenorrhoea, the lining gets built up, it is better to allow it to she completely.

Follow-up: Can Primolut be taken to stop periods midway? 4 minutes later
Because I have my laser sessiin hair removal uts my free session and you know how pricey they are and then I am travelling to see my fiancee

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 11 hours later
Brief Answer: EXPLAINED BELOW Detailed Answer: Okay, try taking it in that case, hopefully the bleeding will stop. You should have continued taking Primolut ideally as long as you did not wish for your period. That would have been a more surefire method. Take care