Can Prednisolone and Sulphasalazine causes lowering IgG levels?

I would just like to know if any of the below drugs could cause a lowering of IgG level
1/ Predisolone
2/ Sulphasalazine

I have had MANY illnesses since 2006 and have slowly gotten extremely worse, I cant help but think that this all stems back to an immunization i had in 2006 - after that I became very unwell and have never been the same since with autoimmune diseases and ll sorts of other problems - have you ever heard of such a thing - I am ex military
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 3 days later
Brief Answer:
Prednisolone may cause low IgG

Detailed Answer:
I am not sure what your real problem is. It appears that you have developed some autoimmune disorder like lupus. Now the immunodeficiency may be due to steroids like prednisolone which are used to treat autoimmune phenomena. But as you are not taking it frequently, such low IgG levels which will cause repeated infections and which would persist over prolonged period is unlikely. There may be some other cause of immunodeficiency like CVID involved here.
Immunisation leading to these kind of symptoms is extremely unlikely, unless you were already immunocompromised and somebody administered a live vaccine like BCG.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further followup queries, if any.