Can Oxyelite pro or Garcinia Cambogia trigger a gout attack?

Can Oxyelite pro trigger a gout attack?
Or Can Garcinia Cambogia trigger a gout attack?
Are there any Known vitamins, herbs, or supplements that can trigger gout. I rarely get an attack, and am trying to go through new things I have added to my daily routine. I also workout at the gym 5 days a week. 2 days with a personal trainer and heavy weights.
Posted Fri, 24 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 49 minutes later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Gout develops in situations where there is accumulation of uric acid.

There are certain foods and medications that can trigger an acute episode. One of the potential triggers is caffeine which is a component in oxyelite. Caffeine does this because of its diuretic action and also because it slightly increases the amount of purine in the blood.

Garcinia Cambogia contains mainly hydroxycitric acid, this is not known to have any effect on uric acid levels and should not precipitate an attack.

Other than these two that you mentioned, any supplement that contains iron or high in fructose may have an effect on uric acid.
Foods high in purines such as anchovies, sardine, liver, meat, sweet breads may also cause an attack.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask any other questions