Can Oxy elite pro be taken with other medicines?

My inquiry was in regard to using Oxy Elite Pro with my meds...
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hello and thank you for your query.

I have seen more and more inquiries regarding this OxyElite supplement. As you may already know, this supplement has a claim that it increases calorie burning through a thermogenic (heat generating) effect. This has not been tested or proven in any randomized controlled clinical trials versus a placebo. With this being said, I urge you to use extreme caution when considering such a supplement.

Oxyelite contains:
Bauhinia Purpurea L. (Leaf And Pod)(Standardized For Bauhnia-Statins 1-4)
Bacopa Monniera (Leaf),
1,3-Dimethylamylamine (Geranium [Stem]),
Cirsium Oligophyllum (Whole Plant Extract)
Rauwolscine (Rauvolfia Canescens L. [Leaf And Root])

AND caffeine - 100 mg in each capsule or serving.

Let me remind you that caffeine is certainly a stimulant which can affect your blood pressure. 100 mg of caffeine can be as much as that in 3 cups of coffee. I am not trying to be an alarmist here but I have a healthy skepticism about this product.

In summary I would urge you to avoid the use of this substance. Plant extracts might sound healthy in theory but these substances can be potent enough to affect the function of your liver or kidney. I would be happy if the company was able to run a safety and comparison analysis of this drug; but I don't think that will ever happen.

In the meantime. I encourage you to continue a daily routine of healthy diet and moderate exercise which will truly serve you well for many years to come.

I hope this reply has been both informative and adequate. Should you have additional concerns, I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Galamaga