Can Oxy Elite Pro be taken with Sertraline?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Can I take Oxy Elite Pro and sertraline (50mg)
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Oxy elite pro is a fat burner which has been advertised widely and its exact composition and ingredients have not been specified.
Similarly there are no rational drug trials available to test its efficacy, safety and interactions with other drugs.
One of its main components is caffeine which increases the anxiety and produces cardiac side effects in patients of depression. So, it is not advisable for use in patients with psychiatric or cardiac problems.
You should not combine sertraline with oxy elite pro.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.