Can Nyquil be taken for fever and cough after a heart bypass?

Hi, I am a heart patient (had triple bypass in 2012) and presently I have sever cold and flu with fever and cough. Can I take nyquil for cold if not what can I take for severe cold. Also i have trouble sleeping so can I take tylenol PM daily?
Posted Mon, 24 Feb 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Vaddadi Suresh 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: Plain Nyquil can be taken by you but not Nyquil-D; Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX As you have cardiac disease, you need to take other drugs with caution. Plain Nyquil can be taken by you but not Nyquil D; Please note the difference- Nnyquil D ( not nyquil) contain psuedo ephidrene which should not be used by cardiac patients. However, you can safely take tylenol. if you have any doubt, please post. all the best.