Can Micardis cause irritating cough?

I have XXXXXXX on Micardis for almost for over 2 years and have notice a rather irritating cough which makes me want to get sick. I have had a number of tests even a CT scan which has shown that every thing seems to be in order. I also have Arthritis and wonder if this can be agravated by the Micardis, YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: I wil suggest you get Micardis changed! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this irritating cough. Micardis is not the most common drug that causes this irritative cough. However, it has been reported to be responsible for this in a limited number of patients. With every other test being unable to show any abnormality and this cough still going on, I will strongly suggest that we get this drug replaced. This will give us the opportunity to see whether the cough would get better or not. If it should get better, then it would be the answer to this problem. If it doesn't, then we shall look at other possible causes of chronic irritative cough. However, the time line of this cough and micardis makes this more likely. In all, talk with your doctor and try changing micardis to a different class of anti-hypertensive drug. Monitor and let's see what we get. Micardis cannot exacerbate arthritis. I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for using our services and please feel free to ask for clarifications if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.
Follow-up: Can Micardis cause irritating cough? 22 hours later
I suspected this might be the case. I am going back k to the Doctor who prescribed this drug on next Wednesday morning. He is a Cardiologist. Thank you for your help.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Thank you , too! Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for following up with me. I wish you a very successful and fruitful visit to your doctor. I hope this approach helps resolve this problem permanently. I wish you well. Dr. Ditah, MD.