Can MS causes numbness to the lip and cheek along with jaw pain?

Nov 2013

Can ms cause a numbness to the lip and cheek as well as pain in the jaw
Posted Sun, 22 Dec 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It is uncommon in MS Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. Trigeminal neuralgia can be a common symptom in multiple sclerosis (MS), where there is severe pain on one side of face. Numbness of face and lips can be associated with this, however, numbness of cheek and lips without pain is uncommon in MS. Pain in the jaw also is less common in MS, it is more common with TMJ-temporo-mandibular joint dysfunction. I hope my reply has helped. I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,