Can Loestrin 24 Fe be used as emergency contraception?

Can Loestrin 24 Fe be used as emergency contraception? I cannot afford plan b but have a pack of Loestrin 24 Fe I haven't started taking yet. If so, how many would I take? I've read 2 pills then 2 pills again 12 hours later as well as 4 pills all at once, not sure which is right. Is it effective? Thanks.
Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 1 hour later
Yes, you can use Loestrin as emergency pill that was previously used but due to having more side effects like nausea, vomiting & breast tenderness was replaced by only progesterone containing emergency pills like Plan b.
While taking these pills you would have to take two pills simultaneously & 2 pills after 12 hours apart within 72 hours of unprotected sex.

I hope your query has been answered. I will be happy to solve your further queries. In case you are satisfied with my answer, please close the discussion and put a rating for it.

Dr.Monika Choudhary