Can Levonorgestrel containing IUCD cause Serous Retinopathy?
User rating for this question
can having intra uterine device levonorgestrel cause central serous retinopathy?WHAT TREATMENT DO YOU ADVICE WAITING OR LASER THERAPY ?
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Haseena Hamdani 2 hours later
Brief Answer: IUD not the direct the cause.. Detailed Answer: Hi, Levonorgestrel containing IUCD, could not be direct cause of Serous Retinopathy. Actually causes of Serous Retinopathy is still not clear, but anything which increases the permeability of retinal epithelium can cause this condition. I am sure that she is not using this IUCD at the moment. For treatment part, there are certain medications which has been used in certain conditions of Serous Retinopathy as a treatment and to avoid recurrence. Low Dose Aspirin , Rifampin, Mifipristone etc can help by reducing inflammation, reducing permeability and healing of disrupted epithelium, but it has to be given under strict supervision and regular follow up of Specialist. In some cases of Acute detachment, it can heal by itself within 3 months. I forbid you from taking any decision without consulting the specialist. Hope I have answered your question. You are welcome for any further query. Dr H Hamdani
People also viewed
- Toothpaste on a boil penis
- Central serous retinopathy causes
- Is blurred vision a side effect of ketamine?
- Boil on ny nipple
- Can levonorgestrel containing iucd cause serous retinopathy
- Is blurred vision a side effect of losartan?
- Boils on thighs pregnancy
- Pain with central serous retinopathy
- Is red, sore eyes a side effect of lucentis?
- Is night blindness a side effect of lysteda?
- Retinopathy causes
- Boils within my mouth
- Central serous retinopathy caused by imitrex
- Is red, swollen skin a side effect of mobic?
- Can a boil turn purple