Can Ibuprofen be taken with Imdur, Aspirin and Thyroxine?

Can I take ibu profen with imdur and asprin
Also Thyroxine 100mg
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 59 minutes later

Ibuprofen can be combined with imdur ( isosorbide mononitrate), aspirin and thyroxine for occasional use without any noticeable drug interactions. You can take ibuprofen after meals to avoid gastric acidity. If you need to take it for more than 2-3 days for pain then you need to consult your physician as ibuprofen can decrease the anti-platelet effect of aspirin thus reducing its efficacy.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.