Can I use sunscreen after applying fucicort on inflamed area?

Hi can i use a sunscreen after applying fucicort on my inflammed area
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes you may use it but better to use separately.

Detailed Answer:
As such there is no contraindication suggesting that steroid and sunscreen can't be used together.
However as a general protocol, we usually advise that some gap usually half an hour to an hour should be maintained in between application of two medicines or creams. So I would advise that you apply steroid cream first and follow it up later with sunscreen after half an hour for better efficacy of steroid. Applying a sunscreen immediately after steroid may dilute the steroid and can have some effect on efficacy
Hope this answered your query.