Can I use logynon as an emergency contraceptive pill?

I am working in the middle east where emergency contraception is illegal. I require EC and was informed that taking a high dose of an oral contraceptive (5 pills and then another 5 pills 12 hours later). Is this correct? I have a brand called Logynon
Posted Sat, 3 Nov 2012 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 39 minutes later
Lygynon shouldnt be used as an emergency contraceptive pill except a dire emergency since it may not work every time. You can take 4 pills as soon as possible after unprotected sex but within 72 hrs and next 4 pills after 12 hrs. You need to know that sometimes it may not work as its a low dose combined pill.It would be better if you used a long term contraception like and IUd when possible.