Can I use clindamycin and clotrimazole soft vaginal suppositories during pregnancy?

Question
Can I use clindamycin & clotrimazole soft vaginal suppositories during pregnancy ...????
Now I am 9 weeks pregnant
Posted Fri, 10 Aug 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 minutes later
Vaginal suppositories of clindamycin and clotrimazole can be safely used in pregnancy for the treatment of vaginal fungal and bacterial infections. These are not likely to have any effect on fetal growth and well being.
Most of the times 3 to 5 suppositories applied before going to sleep at night are sufficient to control the infection effectively.
Do remember to wash the area in the morning.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Can I use clindamycin and clotrimazole soft vaginal suppositories during pregnancy? 6 minutes later
Mam Does the infection shows effect on fetal growth ??

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Recurrent vaginal infections can cause a premature labor and growth retardation in the baby.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.