Can I use circulation booster to improve venous stasis?

I am wondering if I should purchase a circulation booster to help improve my venous stasis. I had vein stripping done about ten years ago and this helped to reduce swelling and prevent skin ulcers but the problem are returning. Ankylosing spondylitis since early twenties.
Posted Sun, 9 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 6 hours later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

Chronic venous insufficiency does get worse with time, I am sorry to hear about its relapse. But, circulation boosters (eg. Revitive, etc.) has proven to increase circulation in many individuals with poor circulation who have had symptoms like cold feet, swelling, pain, ulcers, etc. It is worth trying. This is a good option to consider, sir.

You could also repeat venous stripping which can help your blood vessels stay healthy for at least another 5-10 years. But, this is completely your choice. Also, I hope you are already on blood thinning medication.

You do have other options sir, like compressive stockings, leg elevation, unna boots, and many more.

I hope I have succeeded in providing the information you were looking for. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications. I would gladly help you.

Best wishes.