Can I use bleach to kill ringworm on skin?

Dermatologist
Question
Can I use bleach to kill ringworm? I have read several internet posts but am unsure. I read it my leave a scar. If I do use it, how long should I apply the bleach for?
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello. Bleach can temporarily stop the growth of ring worm but cannot totally destroy it. There are many anti fungal creams, like clotrimazole available in market. You can use any of them to get a permanent cure. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you

Follow-up: Can I use bleach to kill ringworm on skin? 7 minutes later
I went to my doctor and he perscribed nystatin and triamcinolone acetonide. I read on it and it could take up to 6 weeks to clear. I was hoping for something sooner. Bleach said 3 days

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: You better go for clotrimazole. It will give you relief within a week, but to get permanent cure, you must apply it for at least 4 weeks. Thank you