Can I use anastim concentrate hair tonic for postpartum hair loss?

Jan 2014

Hello, I gave birth to my son before five months. Now i am loosing lots of hair.. It has become worse just in one month. Can i try anastim concentrate hair tonic? Pleaseeeee help..
Posted Fri, 21 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Post-partum hair loss(TELOGEN EFFLUVIUM) Detailed Answer: Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX You seem to have what is called post partum hair loss. This usually starts in the third or fourth month postpartum and ends by six months. This is a temporary phase. During pregnancy the increased levels of estrogens in your body makes your hair thick and lusturous, hair that would normally fall out stays put, resulting in thicker hair. After delivery when estrogen levels fall you start losing all those hair that were resting during pregnancy. This temporary hair loss doesn't mean you're deficient in nutrition or vitamins, infact its hormonal. I would advice to take a good healthy diet, continue with your Iron and calcium supplements and Vit D supplements till you are breast feeding. Take a high protein diet because hair is all protein(keratin). Anastim hair lotion is claimed to curb hair fall and stimulate hair regrowth. It can definitely be tried in your case. take care regards