Can I use Pimafucort on ringworm?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hi can i use pimafucort on ringworm
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 56 minutes later

Ringworm in a chronic fungal infection of the skin. This needs an anti-fungal agent for eradication of the infection.

Pimafucort does not contain an anti-fungal agent so will not be helpful in eradicating the infection. However it does contain a steroid which may give you temporary relief.

The best medication to use for ringworm will be that of anti-fungal agent like Clotrimazole and a steroid combination like Betamethasone propionate. One brand name is Lotriderm. In your Country, Canesten Clotrimazole cream will be available for example which can be used. This needs to be applied 4-5 times a day on the affected region for about 2 weeks for best results.

Kindly follow these precautions for fast cure of ringworm.

Avoid sweat accumulation over the body. Keep the skin clean and dry by pat-drying and not forceful drying by towel. Change clothes including underwear atleast once a day. Take regular showers. Avoid sun exposure. Eat a balanced diet with plenty of fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables. Drink 1-2 litres of water daily. Get 6-8 hours of sleep daily.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wishing speedy recovery.