Can I use Lo Loestrin Fe as emergency contraception?

Mar 2016

Can I use Lo Loestrin Fe (its a blue pill) as emergency contraception? And at what dosage? I've read 2 and then 2 more 12 hours later and 4 at once? Are either correct?
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 26 minutes later

Yes, you can use Lo Loestrin Fe as emergency contraceptive pill which was used previously. But it has more side effects like nausea, vomiting & breast tenderness and it is replaced by only progesterone containing emergency pills like Plan B.

If you want to take those pill, then you would have to take 2 pills at once & 2 pills after 12 hours interval within 72 hours of unprotected sex.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. If you are satisfied with my answer, please close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish your good health.

Dr Soumen