Can I use Fucicort cream for Smegma on Penis and moisture near testicles?

Can I use Fucicort Cream for Smegma on Penis and moiture near my testicles?
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
fucicort is used for infection and inflammation

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Smegma is a collection of old skin cells, oil and moisture. Though it can make a person more likely to get an infection, smegma itself is not due to an infection.

It is a build up that occurs. It is not treated by the use of anti bacterial creams, treatment of smegma involves retracting the foreskin daily to remove it and prevent any future build up. It is removed by water and a mild soap.You would not need to use the fucicort if you are able to retract the foreskin completely, just remove the smegma.

If you have problems retracting the foreskin then the use of a steroid cream daily for 6 weeks would help. Since fucicort contains a steroid as well, it can be used to help in this. You would simply retract as far as possible, clean the area and apply the cream twice a day for 6 weeks.
Triamcinolone acetate 0.1% is another commonly used cream for this.

The moisture would be treated by wearing cool clothes, avoid any tight clothing and the use of powders that would absorb the moisture.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions