Ask a Dentist   »  

Can I undergo dental extraction procedure during pregnancy?

hi my wife s in to her 7 the month pregnancy , and is having dental trouble , teeth needs to be removed it seems , currently she s taking keterol as a pain killer ...can we go ahead and remove this ...?
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes. She can have the procedure. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The dental procedure or removal is a minor surgical procedure and needs only a local anaesthesia. She can undergo the procedure in her 7th month of pregnancy if there are no other complications. You can disclose about her pregnancy to her treating dentist so that she can be given category B antibiotics and other medicines that are safe for use during pregnancy. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL