Can I take viagra along with Hydrochlorothiazide , Lisinopril and Simvastatin?

Question
I am taking Hydrochlorothiazide (25mg), Lisinopril (10mg) and Simvastatin (20mg) for high blood pressure and high chlolestorol. Can I use viagra? What dosage is recommended? I am 61 white male, 5'10", 171 lbs and walk 6 miles every day. Thx
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer: yes, 50mg once per day Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query I a so sorry to hear about this erectile dysfunction. Based on your medications for high blood and the reported exercise level, It is safe for you to take Viagra. This is because your heart is healthy enough and there would be no drug reaction using Viagra alongside these other medications. However, I cannot tell if you have any allergy to this or not. If you had any allergy taking this medication in the past, then please do not take it. For most patients, the recommended dose is 50 mg taken, as needed, approximately 1 hour before sexual activity. However, VIAGRA (sildenafil citrate) may be taken anywhere from 4 hours to 0.5 hour before sexual activity. Based on effectiveness and toleration, the dose may be increased to a maximum recommended dose of 100 mg or decreased to 25 mg. The maximum recommended dosing frequency is once per day. Beside taking Viagra, it may be important to check with your doctors and make sure there is no reversible cause of erectile dysfunction like poorly controlled diabetes or hypertension whose better managementt can address the problem once and for all rather than depending on medications all the times to correct this. I hope this answers your query fully. I wish you well. Please feel free to ask for more clarification and information if need be. Thanks for patronizing our services. Dr. Ditah, MD.