Can I take sorbiline syrup without consulting a doctor?

can I take sorbiline syrup without consulting a doctor
Posted Sun, 2 Sep 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 39 minutes later

Sorbiline contains sorbitol and tricholine citrate.
It is commonly used in some places for constipation, dyspepsia, headache,high cholesterol and in some cases of liver disease.
The choline part of it is an essential nutrient related to the B vitamins and the sorbitol acts as a laxative and keeps fluid in the intestine.

Potential side effects include nausea, vomiting , abdominal cramps, headache and symptoms of an allergic reaction such as hives and itching.

It should be safe to use without consulting your doctor , however you may want to speak to him/her to find out whether you have any known allergies to any of the components.
In addition if you are using any other herbal medications or traditional medications you may want so discuss it , to make sure there is no interaction.

If you develop any of the above side effects you should stop the medication and seek medical attention

I hope this information is helpful, feel free to ask any additional questions