Can I take primolut nor to delay period and take anesthesia for a short operation?

I am having surgery and would like to delay my period. Can I take Primolut Nor to delay my period and take anesthesia for a short operation?
Posted Mon, 20 Aug 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 41 minutes later

Please do not take this tablet on your own.

These drugs are having risk of blood clots forming in the veins (venous thromboembolism).

The chances of this may be temporarily increased if you are immobile for prolonged periods of time following surgery. For this reason, normally doctors recommend to stop taking this medicine for a period of time (usually six weeks) prior to any planned surgery.

There is nothing to get scared off, risk is not great, still please discuss with your operating surgeon before starting the drug.It can be taken after his advise.

I hope this helps you in taking an informed decision.