Can I take ovitrelle 250mcg instead of HCG for weight loss?

can I take ovitrelle 250mcg instead of HCG for weight loss
Posted Sat, 28 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

At the outset, both hCG injection or synthetic recombinant hCG (ovitrelle) are not proven to be of any benefits as far as weight loss is concerned. Any form of hCG is only known to be useful in treating some set of infertile women and in women with high risk pregnancy. Therefore I do not recommend ovitrella or hCG for weight loss.

But if you wish to try it, ovitrelle 250mcg contains lot more than what is used by most individuals who have tried hCG diet for weight loss. 250mcg of ovitrelle is used only in treating infertility issues.

Please note that this reply is only for information alone. I do not deal with hCG weight loss diet.

Hope this answers your query.

Follow-up: Can I take ovitrelle 250mcg instead of HCG for weight loss? 8 minutes later
Thanks for your good advice
In any case I bought Ovitrelle 250mcg - single syringe- how can I use a smaller quantity same as HCG as used in weight loss

Answered by Dr. Prasad 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Extremely difficult to calculate that...

Detailed Answer:

250mcg of ovitrelle is roughly equivalent to 6500 units of hCG. And as I have heard regular hCG shots used in hCG diet contains not more than 20 units of hCG. It would be extremely difficult to titrate ovitrelle 250mcg to 20 units of hCG (The equivallent dose would roughly be around 0.75mcg). For all practical purpose this amount of dilution and titration is going to be extremely difficult.

Follow-up: Can I take ovitrelle 250mcg instead of HCG for weight loss? 4 minutes later
Thank you Dr I think it best to leave Ovitrelle alone

Where can I buy non - homeopathic HCG either drops or injections in Dubai.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I am not aware of this information...

Detailed Answer:

As my office is in Bangalore, India - I'm unaware of this information. I am not aware of authorised locations in that part of world from where you obtain the necessary shots.

Rather, as I said earlier hCG shots are not proved to be of any signification use in reducing your weight. In fact weight loss achieved with weight loss achieved with hCG diet is entirely sure to the very low calorie diet that you use. You can just try a reduced calorie diet and you will be able to achieve an hCG shot diet.

In brief the shots are worthless without a low calorie diet. Instead of searching for this shot, I would encourage you to seek a competent nutritionist.

Hope this information is useful and helpful. Write back for further assistance.