Can I take oromorph along with cocodamol?

I take 30/500 cocodamol and GP has given me oromorph, can I take the two together?
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Mild-moderate interaction ma'am, not serious Detailed Answer: Hello ma'am and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. Oromorph contains the active ingredient morphine and 30/500 co codamol contains the active ingredients codeine and paracetamol. There may be possible interactions between morphine and codeine, but are considered to be mild-moderate with symptoms like: -Dizziness -Difficulty concentrating -Drowsiness It is advised not to go about activities that require continuous concentration like driving or operating XXXXXXX machinery. Please make sure you take the required precautions. I hope you find my response both helpful and informative ma'am. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.