Can I take oral contraceptive pills to terminate my pregnancy?

Mar 2016

i am 2 weeks pregnanat i missed my last period 4 days ago. In pregnancy kit result is possitive. I dnt want to get chlid so should i go for oral contraceptive pills from now. if yes which pills would u prefer.
Posted Fri, 17 Jan 2014 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Brief Answer: OCP IS NOT USEFUL TO TERMINATE PREGNANCY. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us on Healthcare Magic. First thing, you are 4 weeks plus pregnant (calculated from D1 of last period) and Oral Contraceptive Pill is NOT the right choice for termination of pregnancy. In this circumstance, you need to undergo MEDICAL ABORTION for termination of early pregnancy with ABORTION PILL. However, self administration of abortion pill is NOT recommended. You shouldn't go for that. Here, you need to do one ultrasound scan (USG) to determine the gestational age and nature of conception (uterine or tubal pregnancy) before proceeding the medical abortion. Kindly, consult with local GYNECOLOGIST for proper guidance. The abortion procedure is associated with several risks and complications like nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramp, excessive vaginal bleeding, fainting etc. You can't control them by yourself at home. Therefore, I suggest to consult with local GYNECOLOGIST or healthcare provider for safe termination. Abortion pill (medicine kit) or supportive medication should be prescribed by gynecologist. Abortion kit contains two types of pills. one pill is to be taken orally at the first appointment and another pill to be inserted into vagina (or buccal ) after 48 hrs of first pill. This process can be done at home if you consult once with local doctor as you require follow up examination after 2 weeks to confirm that abortion process is completed. One pelvic ultrasound scan is required to check retained bits if any. Around 5% women needs D & C or suction (surgical method) to evacuate the uterine cavity To summarize, you must visit to local GYNECOLOGIST for prescription of medical abortion kit with a proper advice on follow up visits and in emergency. Hope, it will be helpful for your information. Kindly, close the discussion, if I have answered your query. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW