Can I take norethisterone to delay periods?

If I am currently on the XXXXXXX pill Femulen, can i ask my doctor to prescribe Norethisterone to help delay my period for a week or so?

Posted Wed, 14 Nov 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 54 minutes later
You need to know that the hormone contained in Femulen is transformed into norethisterone in the body.So taking northisterone should be limited to not more than 10 days.You can can one tablet norethisterone thrice a day but dont continue it for more than 10 days.You should get withdrawal bleeding after stopping the drug.But may not be completely protected during this time if the hormone levels in the blood are unstable.So use added protection for that week.