Can I take myoinositol for irregular periods?

Infertility Specialist
hi i am 26 years old un married and suffering from pcod my height is 5'3 and i weigh 90 kgs . i have periods once in six months or not at all. i heard about a new medicine myoinositol will it help me...
Posted Thu, 19 Dec 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please reduce weight Detailed Answer: Hi, Your weight is above normal standards. I highly recommend that you reduce your weight before trying myoinositol or any other drug alone. PCOD and irregular cycles and obesity are interlinked. Weight loss is the only solution. No matter what drug you take, it is important for you to follow regular exercise and low calorie diet regimen without discontinuity. Please visit a dietitian and join a gym with trainer. Do it regularly for 6 months and reduce your weight. If you reduce you weight you will definitely see the regularization of cycles and improving of your health. Please take thyroid medicines regularly with regular testing TSH values. Hope this helps. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol IVF & Infertility Specialist
Follow-up: Can I take myoinositol for irregular periods? 3 hours later
thank u i am already trying to loose weight i have lost 6 kgs in last 4-5 months . still continuing my gym and diet .. and will continue that to acheive my weight goal.. but i want to know the effectiveness of the drug myoinositol .. as i am currently on no medication for pcod..
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: Not needed Detailed Answer: Hi This drug is not necessary for you right now. There are many drugs like this. But not needed or recommended since your problem is obesity. You can consider metformin tablet prescribed by your doctor at later stage. Nothing as of now. Regards
Follow-up: Can I take myoinositol for irregular periods? 1 hour later
thanks for your doctor..
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please write reiew Detailed Answer: Hi, Please accept my answer and write a review. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol