Can I take my effexor an hour after taking advil?

Can I take my effexor an hour after taking advil ?
Posted Tue, 30 Jul 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Omer 42 minutes later

I am Dr.Omer and I am here to help you with your query.

As you have said that a female of 27 years , C6 quadriplegic , cholcystectomy done due to pancreatitis .

venlafaxine + ibuprofen
When given together causes increase toxicity of the each other by pharmacodynamic synergism.
Significant interaction so monitor Closely.

Increased risk of upper GI bleeding( stomach bleed+black stools).
SSRIs inhibition due to serotonin uptake by platelets so less effect of effexor(venlafaxine).

I would not recommend to take advil ( ibuprofen) with effexor , even with a gap of 1 hour.

You can take paracetamol ( acetaminophen ) will have almost the same effect of advil.

Hope, I answered your query.