Can I take mp forte tablets for termination of pregnancy?

me n my wife had unprotected sex on 1 XXXXXXX 14 , she had a ipill next day . her PERIOD havnt come yet it delay 4 days as of now . we both a worried ., thinking of having ( mp forte ) cap will tht b helpfull it safe 2 hav mp forte cap . we hav test AND ITS POSITIVE we are not XXXXXXX for baby .. .. plz help thank you
Posted Mon, 17 Feb 2014 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 41 minutes later
Brief Answer: mp forte will not help Detailed Answer: Hello, Are you saying that urine pregnancy test is positive? In such a case, and if you are unwilling for the pregnancy now, your wife should take drugs used for medical termination of pregnancy. I usually prescribe my patients tablet Mifeprestone and misoprostol. Both are prescription drugs. Please consult your doctor and get these medicines prescribed. The medicines can be used in early pregnancy safely to cause abortion. MP forte capsule is not medically approved for use in abortion. I do not think it is safe and also it does not cause abortion. Hope this will help you. Let me know if you have more queries. Regards,
Follow-up: Can I take mp forte tablets for termination of pregnancy? 47 minutes later
thanks for answer doc just wanna ask , till what stage dose this Mifeprestone and misoprostol works , and will it harm the her ,* till what stage this medi is ok to have .. will it effect her in future for pregnancy , showing a doc Gynecologist will b better ya GEN P .
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: up to 12 weeks Detailed Answer: Hello, Both the medicines will work up to 12 weeks of pregnancy. However, the earlier it is taken the better. There won't be any major harm in most cases. Only effect is it can be painful, and there may be more vaginal bleeding. It would not have effect on her future pregnancy. However, she needs to wait for a minimum of 2 normal menstrual cycles to try again for pregnancy. Gynecologist would be ideal to consult. Regards,