Can I take mensovit tablet for getting periods after having sex?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
Gud Afternoon Doctor I has sex with my partner before 3 months i did not get periods so i took mefiprin tablet then i get littely periods, i was surched in net it was mension that tablet side effect for no pragency for 2 years so i had sex normally but last 2 months i did not get periods now which tablet i can use pls suggest me doctor. Can i use mensovit tablet? Regards XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 1 Jan 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Have to consult gynecologist Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. You should not use tablets without consulting doctor. Mifepristone tablets usually used to induce abortion. But they will not prevent pregnancy after abortion. As you had unprotected intercourse, there is possibility of pregnancy. So, once consult gynecologist and get examined. Go for ultrasound with her advice. If ultrasound rules out the possibility of pregnancy, you can take tablets to induce withdrawal bleeding with her advice. If ultrasound diagnoses intrauterine pregnancy, you can choose method of abortion according to the gestational age and your doctor's advice. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion. Take care.

Follow-up: Can I take mensovit tablet for getting periods after having sex? 26 minutes later
Yes, i consult with Doctor but she told in the hospital rools i need to admit one day and she give one tablet it will be cleared but the hospital cost is too high, i cannot pay that much amout pls u suggest me which tablet i can use?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 4 hours later
Brief Answer: ultrasound needed Detailed Answer: Hi, According to your history, you have to undergo ultrasound once. Ultrasound will help in confirming or in ruling out the pregnancy. Then if the gestational age is below 8 weeks, you can go for medical abortion. In that case usually hospitalization may not be needed. Treatment can be given in out patient basis. I can not advice you without ultrasound report. Please send your ultrasound report, so that I can advise you better. Take care.

Follow-up: Can I take mensovit tablet for getting periods after having sex? 16 hours later
Its 16 weeks now what shall i Do i cannot say at my home pls help me mam.

Brief Answer: Consult local gynecologist Detailed Answer: Hi, Sixteen weeks pregnancy cannot be terminated by tablets. You have to consult gynecologist once and have to terminate the pregnancy almost like XXXXXXX labor. Take help of your friends or well wishes and consult local gynecologist. Don't delay, because medical termination is not allowed after 20 weeks usually. Take care.